When you stay at our AAA-Diamond hotel in Redwood City you'll be within minutes of a variety of interesting Bay area attractions. Head to Santa Cruz and the coast and book a surf lesson or walk the boardwalk. Enjoy a film in a classic movie theater and shop the boutiques along University Avenue in downtown Palo Alto. Take in a lawn concert in the gardens of Sunset Magazine's headquarters in Menlo Park and more things to see and do in the Bay Area. Don't miss exciting nearby events while you're here!
Stanford Shopping Center
- Shop ‘til you drop at this 140-store outdoor shopping center on the campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto. Department stores include Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale's. Plus shop at high-end stores such as Burberry, Tory Burch, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Gucci, and more. This popular Redwood City area attraction is located just a mile from our Redwood City hotel,http://www.simon.com/mall/landing/841/.
Downtown Palo Alto
- Just a mile away you'll find downtown Palo Alto and its upscale shops, restaurants and attractions. The main drag is University Avenue where you can shop for Stanford souvenirs or boutique finds and dine in restaurants that range from noodle bars to high-end bistros,http://www.destinationpaloalto.com .
Sunset Magazine Headquarters
- Just down the road in nearby Menlo Park, you'll find the headquarters for Sunset Magazine and its campus. Get inspired by the large test garden, take a self-guided tour or watch a cooking demonstration and more, www.sunset.com/garden .
Computer History Museum
- There's a reason Silicon Valley is home to so many high tech companies. See why this nearby Redwood City area attraction is located near tech giant Google headquarters. The museum offers exhibits, lectures and a gift store filled with geeky and high tech souvenirs and gadgets,http://www.computerhistory.org.
California's Great America Theme Park
- Looking for things to do with your family in the area? This nearby theme park offers a water park, a dozen thrill rides, and an area with rides for younger kids. http://www.cagreatamerica.com.
- In this laidback coast town you can do everything from walk the old fashioned boardwalk, ride an old fashioned roller coaster, rent bikes, kayaks, take surfing lessons and more things to see and do in Santa Cruz,http://santacruzca.org.
Winchester Mystery House
- See what happens when you have an almost limitless amount of money at your disposal for home improvements when you take a tour of this 160-room Victorian Mansion built by the Winchester Rifle manufacturer's widow. http://winchestermysteryhouse.com.
Sports Themed Things to Do In the Bay Area
San Jose Sharks Hockey
- Visit what locals call the Shark Tank (otherwise known as H.P. Pavilion) for a San Jose Sharks NHL hockey match. The Sharks took home the Pacific Division Championship in 2011. Listen for the theme to Jaws during power plays, http://sharks.nhl.com/.
San Jose Earthquakes
- The US continues its love affair with soccer. See why, by taking in a San Jose Earthquakes Major League Soccer game at Buck Shaw Stadium in Santa Clara. And soon the MLS championship Quakes will have a new stadium near San Jose Airport, http://www.sjearthquakes.com/.
San Francisco Giants
- Head to downtown San Francisco and cheer on the 2010 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants. Don't want to drive to AT&T Park? Try Caltrain, which has a stop just one block from Giants stadium, http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sf.